Lower Damgate Farm Holiday Cottages
Terms & Conditions
All material is copywrite of Lower Damgate Farm Holiday Cottages and Wedding Venue
You have the right to view these pages and to copy and print out information contained within the website for use by yourself and others for the purpose of learning about, or booking a holiday cottage with Lower Damgate Farm Holiday Cottages and Wedding Venue.
The Contract for a short-term holiday rental shall be made between the Hirer and Lower Damgate Farm Cottages (The Hired Premises). The Contract shall be governed by UK Law. It will be entered into when the deposit is processed and The Hired Premises issues the confirmation letter. The Contract will be subject to all the following booking conditions.
“Lower Damgate Farm Accommodation” is a Private Self-Catering property run on an invitation only basis
The Hired Premises consists of the “Courtyard properties” Reubens Roost, Bremen’s Barn and Hope’s Hideaway with a maximum of 21 guests in beds plus occasional beds as detailed on the bedroom layout map.
In addition, and by separate agreement Hire may consist of The Old B&B Rooms in the Farmhouse sleeping a maximum of 4 + 1 guests and The Alpaca Hut (Shepherds hut) sleeping 2 adult guests only
To Secure the Booking
- All offers and bookings are subject to availability.
- The person making the booking (“the Hirer”) must be over 18 years of age. The Hirer will be responsible for making all payments in relation to the booking.
- The Hirer agrees to these conditions on behalf of their Party
- Hire charges are agreed before the deposit is paid, and a £500 deposit (see below is required upon booking – provisional bookings will only be held for 7 days pending return of confirmation and deposit
- The use of the Hired Premises and facilities is restricted to the specific facilities, dates and times specified in the confirmation letter and per these Terms and Conditions
- A booking form must be completed and returned prior to arrival on the Premises
- The Hirer shall pay a deposit of £500 and by doing so is in agreement to these Terms and conditions by law.
- Payment in full is due 8 weeks prior to the date of booking the Hired Premises. Please refer to your invoice and booking letters for details.
- Non-payment by the due date will be treated as cancellation.
- The hirer shall pay a separate Housekeeping Cleaning / Security Damage bond of £200 at the time the balance is due. Please refer to your booking letters for details.
- The hired Premises must be left clean and in the same good condition as on arrival. Any breakages must be reported to the owners who reserve the right to charge for any non-trivial damage/extra cleaning which will be deducted from your cautionary deposit.
- On satisfactory inspection of the property following your hire the cautionary deposit will be refunded to the Hirer promptly by cheque or bacs payment within 14 days after the hire period.
- The Hirer is responsible for any loss or damage caused to the accommodation (including all fixtures & Fittings, furnishings and equipment) and agree to notify the hired premises of any damage or loss of items prior to your departure. The Hired Premises reserve the right to make an appropriate charge to cover the cost of repairing any damage or replacing any item
Cancellation or Amendments
- All cancellations and amendments must be confirmed in writing and become effective on the date received by the Hired Premises.
- If you wish to cancel the booking for any reasons you should advise The Hired Premises, immediately by telephone, followed by a confirmatory letter. The Hired Premises will endeavour to obtain a replacement letting and, if such replacement is obtained, will then refund to the Hirer any monies paid less a handling charge of £100. If the Hired Premises is unable to re let the property 8 weeks before the start date then the hired premises are entitled to retain all payments already made.
- The Hired Premises recommends that you get insurance for your stay
- The Hired Premises will only cancel the booking if the cottages are unavailable for reasons beyond The Hired Premises control; for example, flooding, fire, damage to the property (this list is not intended to be finite and does not include natural disasters). In the event of such an instance The Hired Premises would pay to the Hirer a full refund of all monies paid to them by the Hirer. The Hirer shall have no further claims against the Owner and Hired Premises.
- The Hired Premises is not responsible for any third-party agreements.
- All Parking is in designated parking spaces detailed on the farm layout map (see below)
- A Maximum of 12 cars is allocated to The Courtyard Property.
- A Maximum of 2 cars is allocated to the Old B&B Rooms
- A maximum of 1 car is allocated to the Alpaca Hut. (Unless by Prior agreement)
- Flow through and access for emergency vehicles and Tractors is required at all times.
- All motor vehicles are left on the Hired Premises at the owners own risk
Working Farm and Animals
- The Hired Premises is a working Farm and Animal Rescue Centre. Farm Animals are in residence and interaction with them is at your own risk.
- Farm Equipment is present at the Hired Premises. No guests are permitted near any farm equipment. Failure to comply could cause injury or risk to life and is the responsibility of the person or persons who fail to comply.
Pets the Hirer will ensure that all pet owners are aware of these Terms and Conditions
- A maximum of 4 Dogs are welcome in the Courtyard Property by prior arrangement,
- No Dogs or Pets are permitted to stay in the farmhouse rooms The Old B&B Rooms as the Hired Premises try to keep this allergy free.
- Pets must NEVER be left unattended either in the cottages (even when crated) or in the grounds
- Dogs must be on a lead when around the animals and never left to roam
- Guests must clean up after their pets in all outside and inside areas
- Any Antisocial or aggressive behaviour from a pet will result in the animal being removed from the Premises.
- The premises is also a Farm Animal Sanctuary and the animals onsite may get upset if pets are around. Owners are requested to keep pets away from the farm animals.
Occupation and Usage
The following terms are used to cover rental period. Weekly: Friday to Friday Weekend: Friday to Monday. Midweek: Monday to Friday
- The Hirer shall not be entitled to assign the booking to a third party, or utilise The Hired Premises facilities, other than for the purpose agreed without the prior written approval of The Hired Premises.
- The Hirer has access and occupation of the Holiday Cottages from 3pm on the day of arrival and must vacate the Hired Premises by 10am on the day of departure
- The Hirer must not exceed the number of guests stated in the booking form and must inform the hired premises at least 72 hours prior to the event on all occupation and number of guests on site. The number of people visiting the Hired Premises must not exceed the number stated when booking.
- Electric is included in the Hire costs with the exception of electric for the use of charging cars and bikes.
- Hirers, their guests and suppliers agree to take all reasonable and proper care of the Hired Premises and leave all inside and outside areas in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The Hirer is responsible for any additional cleaning costs incurred
- The Hired Premises provide bed linen for the permanent beds only. Occasional beds will require extra bedding not supplied unless specifically ordered. (Permanent beds are fully made up ready for your stay)
- Candles and Wish Lanterns are prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited in ALL accommodation. Smoking areas are provided outside
- The Hirer may not fix any items to walls, floors or ceilings by use of any form of adhesive including blu-tac. Any damage arising from breach of this condition will be recharged to the Hirer.
- Christmas and New Year festivities are providing with a complimentary Christmas tree and decorations.
- The Hired Premises reserve the right to owners, staff and contractors to access accommodation if any unforeseen problem arises.
- Guests on site who may have allergies should be made aware that pets are allowed and The Hired Premises cannot be held liable for any adverse reaction they may suffer as a result.
- The Hired Premises reserve the right to call a halt to any party if there is reason to believe that damage is likely to be caused or has been caused by any member of the Hirers party. Should this occur no refund will be given.
- In the interest of guest safety, The Hired Premises have a ZERO tolerance of drug abuse and anyone who is found to be taking illegal substances will be escorted off the premises and the police will be notified.
- The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that there is no lewd behaviour, open drunkenness, or loud obscenities will be permitted by their guests at any time on the Hired Premises.
- In the event that the 1100 litre Waste Bin is filled the Hirer is responsible for removing all additional waste from the Hired Premises. No waste or rubbish can be left on the ground. (doing so encourages vermin)
External Catering and Suppliers
- The Hirer will ensure that they or one of their guests is at the Hired Premises to collect and sign for any deliveries.
- No commercial catering other than by arrangement is allowed in the Holiday cottages.
- All third-party suppliers must comply with the T&C and be prior approved, failure to comply with this may lead to removal from the premises.
Noise / Music
- Music and Outside Noise should not be so loud as to disturb our neighbours*.
- No Amplified music is permissible outside after the hours of 11.00pm or before the hours of 10am
- The Hired Premises do not take responsibility for any third-party equipment of functionality.
- The Hired Premises do not take responsibility for any weather-related issues whilst occupying or using the Hired Premises
- The Hired Premises reserve the right to amend/change prices at any time
- Some of the information contained on the Hired Premises website is related to places such as towns, shops, and public houses etc that are not related to The Hired Premises. Closure or changes to these facilities are outside the control of The Hired Premises, we will endeavour to keep the information contained in this website up-to-date
- Notwithstanding any item contained in these Terms, The Hired Premises will not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations to the Hirer in whole or in part as a result of the following circumstances:
- National Power Cuts – Natural Disasters – Strikes – Other Industrial Action(s). Fire at or near The Hired Premises
- Flood at or near The Hired Premises – Civil unrest, dispute or commotion. Act of God. Terrorism
- Legal action against The Hired Premises, not resulting from its negligence, preventing the supply of services.
Health and Safety
- CCTV is in Operation at The Hired Premises
- The Hired Premises is listed old property with uneven floors and low ceilings, beams and doors. The use of accommodation, gardens and farm areas are entirely at the Hirer’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, loss or damage to the Hirer or the Hirer’s companions or guests, vehicles or personal possessions.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- The Hirer must make themselves and their guests aware that The Hired Premises is a Working Animal Farm and any accidents subsequently caused by interaction with the animals or Farm Equipment is the responsibility of the person or persons involved.
Assumption of Risks
The Hired Premises is part of a working farm and animal Rescue Farm. The Hirer and their guests staying at these Hired Premises must make themselves aware that as a working farm there are live animals and potentially dangerous farm equipment amongst other hazards. Guests must take reasonable care when approaching animals and using equipment on the farm. Whilst the Hired Premises take great care to keep you safe, accidents can happen and neither the personal owners nor the Hired Premises are responsible for such accidents (to the greatest extent permitted by law).
- It is the responsibility of the hirer and their guests to supervise any children at all times whilst on the hired premises.
- If the Hirer and their guests notice any equipment looking faulty and/or unsafe they must inform the Hired Premises as soon as possible and at no time go near it.
- The Hired Premises is a working farm and as such animals, farm implements, slopes, uneven floors, gravel and grass surfaces as well as steps. For example, There may be muddy fields when wet or slippery surfaces and other hazardous footings due to the nature of the premises. The Hired premises does not take responsibly for any accidents or liability for use when walking in and on or visiting the Hired Premises at the invitation of the Hirer or his/hers relatives or friends.
- All cars, equipment and valuables is the responsibility of the owner and the Hired premises does not take responsibility for any items stolen or damaged
- The Hired Premise strongly recommends that the Hirer take out travel and Event insurance against the risk of cancellation, accidents and loss during the rental of the hired premises
Liability and Indemnity
- The Hired Premises have described the property as accurately as possible and do not accept any liability for errors or minor differences in its brochures or on its website.
- The Hired Premises accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage of any nature, arising from any breach of contract, any negligence or breach of any duty arising out of the performance, purported performance or failure to perform the contract.
- The hirer, guests, delegates and agents use The Hired Premises at their own risk and shall bear the entire risk of all or any of the following:
- Liability and claims for personal injury and death not caused by negligence of The Hired Premises.
- Damage, destruction, theft or loss in relation to the premises and the property of the hirer and his/her guests, Delegates or representatives, whether or not the property was in the custody of The Hired Premises.
- Cancellation, except as otherwise provided in these conditions.
Every effort has been made by the Hired Premises to ensure its Hirer and their guests have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If however there is any cause for complaint the Hired Premises is very anxious that remedial action is taken as soon as possible. It is essential that Hirer contact the Hired Premises immediately if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. Discussion with the owners at the Hired Premises whilst in residence usually enables shortcomings to be rectified straight away. If after this you feel that the complaint still remains unresolved then notify the Hired Premises in writing within 7 days of returning from your holiday. The Hired Premises cannot subsequently consider any complaints or enter into any correspondence unless this procedure has been followed.